CSTS - 2020
What is CSTS 2020?
CSTS2020 is the upgraded version of CSTS-09. CSTS 2020 is comprised of nine standard modules grouped together and called CSTS Fundamentals and site-specific Add-on Modules. On its own, CSTS Fundamentals serves as a general construction site orientation for workers new to the construction industry. It is supported by a number of job-specific Add-on Modules to help employers customize CSTS training to fit specific site requirements.
How did we improve CSTS?
CSTS 2020 (by December 31, 2020)
- includes CSTS 2020 Fundamentals with 9 modules, and we anticipate adding an additional 20 Add-on Modules by December 31, 2020, plus more to be added on an ongoing basis.
- includes Add-on Modules which range between 5 to 15 minutes each and can be taken separately.
- allows employers to customize their site orientation to meet their needs. We will continue working to offer the most current legislative and industry standards in Add-on Modules in coming years.
- CSTS 2020 Fundamentals Course is 2 to 3 hours long compared to CSTS-09 that is 8 to 9 hours long
- CSTS 2020 is mobile friendly!! Internet access is required for use on any device.
By January 2020, CSTS 2020 makes available all modules that are included in CSTS-09, plus much more in optional modules.
The 20 Add-on Module topics included:
- Concrete Pump Truck
- Controlling Hazardous Energy**
- Confined Spaces**
- Environmental Protection**
- Mobile Equipment Awareness*
- Propane on the Work Site*
- Pumpjack Scaffolds
- Respiratory Protection Equipment
- Rigging, Hoists, and Cranes
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Working at Height**
** available in spring 2020
Note: all 20 Add-on Modules will be available by December 31, 2020.